Friday, July 9, 2010



Having just returned from a long trip of bringing a boat up the Baja coast from La Paz (now I know why the call it the Baja Bash!) it was time to get back down to the beach and do some surf fishing. My first stop was Big Fish Tackle to pick up some of their “roid” ghost shrimp. The surf had finally flatted out and it looked like fishing might finally pick up.

If the fish could make it past the gauntlet of death provided by the nine rods of the meat farmers maybe I’d have a chance.

Every bait had bites and as usual I lost a few and farmed even more! There were a few palm sized barred perch

A small leopard shark

And a lonely walleye

Lucky for me a corbina too!

It looks like the sun will come out this weekend, and with the surf small; we should have some great fishing. I’m looking forward to your reports to get me stoked to go down next week in search of the monster corbina.

In the upcoming week we have some great tides and if the surf stays small we should have some great days (both morning and evening) for fishing and catching bait.

To everyone who will be attending this week's seminar at Crystal Cove State Beach I look forward to seeing you catching fish on the sand! See you there....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
Always enjoy your post.
Lately "Sargo" has came in strong in Laguna and Dana Point, however have not see any "yellow Fin".

David Wang
Hacienda Hts

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.